ESSAY TOPIC: DISCUSS HOW TECHNOLOGY CAN BE USED TO PROMOTE HEALTH CARE LITERACY ESPECIALLY KIDNEY RELATED ILLNESSES
Plexus Media in collaboration with ace Nollywood star, Ufuoma McDermott, announces the commencement of the 2019 edition of The Ufuoma McDermott National Essay Competition for senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
The competition provides a platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students in Nigeria, while also drawing necessary public attention to serious health issues in Nigeria, especially those that have received very little attention from the public and private sector.
Selected winners get educational support (financial and material). The maiden edition of the competition was held last year.
The Ufuoma McDermott National Essay Competition is promoted by Plexus Media, a multi-level public relations outfit.
ENTRY PROCEDURES AND RULES
- Applicants should send in their typed essay entries of 700 – 800 words on the above topic to [email protected]
- All entries must include the complete contact information (NAME OF APPLICANT, NAME OF SCHOOL, ADDRESS OF SCHOOL, TELEPHONE NUMBER OF APPLICANT OR PARENT, EMAIL ADDRESS OF APPLICANT OR PARENT)
- Shortlisted candidates must be able to defend their essays
- Applicants must be between ages 13-19
- Applicants must be senior secondary school students schooling in Nigeria
- First Place Winner: 100,000 naira and a brand new laptop with the essay published in a leading Nigerian Daily Newspaper
- Second Place Winner: 75,000 naira and a brand new smartphone
- Third Place Winner: 50,000 naira
- Entry opens January 30, 2019
- Entry closes on February 28, 2019, 5:00pm prompt. Entries received after this date would not be treated.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.